Forum Launch Competition – WIN a Bose A30!

Forums Elevate(her) Aviation Forum Forum Launch Competition – WIN a Bose A30!

To Launch the Elevate(her) Women in Aviation Forum, we will be giving away a Bose A30 in collaboration with Bose Aviation!

To be eligible to win you must:

1- Be an Elevate(her) Member – (create your free account HERE

2- Follow us on Instagram @elevateheraviation 

3- Post one of your favourite aviation photos on this thread and introduce yourself! 

To create your forum account please click HERE or the ‘register‘ button on the log in tab on the top righthand of the screen.

This is a global competition, and entries will close on the 4th of September then we will be randomly selecting a winner!

We look forward to connecting with all of you!

The Elevate(her) Team

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Replies
    rooshaw
    Participant
    none

Hi everyone. My name is Becky Shaw.  I’m a software engineer and PPL(A) pilot based out of Leicestershire. I love my story about how I got into aviation because it was pure chance. During Covid I had a truck driving experience booked but nowhere was running any as this was peak Covid. By pure happenstance on the way back from the beach, my wife and I were driving past Leicester Arro Club and she suggested moving my truck experience to a flying one. Ever since then I’ve been in love with the sky. My journey hasn’t been an easy one, having maybe had three nice flying days throughout my training; first solo in the snow, bird strike, constant crazy winds and weather and yet despite all that I was never deterred, never wavered, and never quit. Now thanks to the amazing friends I’ve made I’m working towards becoming an instructor.

The picture is from the first flight with my wife over Wistow Maze with yet another amazing maze pattern

K_Gallagher2010
    Participant
    Hi, my name is Kirsten,

I am a PPL holder slowly working my way through the ATPLs. Hoping to make it to the right seat the modular route.

I spend any weekend I’m not working volunteering as a Gliding Instructor for the Air Cadets.

I am the first and only person in my family with any interest in aviation but it’s all I ever remember wanting to do.

This is a picture of my hour building partner and it is the first flight for the kid in the back …… The smiles make it . To get through the modular route you need good people to help pull and push you through.

Olivia
    Participant
    GB
    Hello,

I’m Olivia, and I have my gliding solo endorsement, currently working to convert to the single seater. I am super interested in aerobatics too. I also work in the aviation industry in aircraft warranty management.

Too many favourite pictures, but I have chosen one from Bournemouth air show where the Red Arrows made a heart in the sky, as I am sure we are all here for the love of aviation ❤️

Olivia 🙂

mayela puntunet
    Participant
    Hello everyone!  My name is Mayela Puntunet, I’m 17 years old and currently starting my journey as a private pilot student (I’m so excited!).

The picture I attached is me in my discovery flight at my current flight school, it is my favourite picture because that’s when I discovered that aviation is what I want to peruse in life.

It feels great to read all of your amazing inspiring stories, thank you for creating an environment as welcoming and supportive as this one.

Love from Mexico 🇲🇽.

deepika
    Participant
    Hi everyone! my name is Deepika Vaddepally, I hold Bachelor’s in Aeronautical Engineering and I have worked in aviation for 4 years as Aircraft maintenance analyst at CAMP Systems Private Limited!

Below is one of my favorite aviation photos from Digital Aviation Technology and Management Day at CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom. Learned a lot from presentations on fleet simulation for flight ops maintenance and inventory orchestration, predictive maintenance, and MRO automation technology adoption

I look forward to connecting with you all.

Deepika Vaddepally

No alternative text description for this image

Diana G.
    Participant
    DE
    Hello everyone!

I’m Diana and I’m currently very close to my PPL(A) checkride which will make me the first pilot in my family as far as we know. I couldn’t be more grateful for the support the people in my life have shown me. I wouldn’t have come this far without them.

Flying has always been my biggest dream and no matter how many times I reach the sky, the feeling I get is so unbelievably amazing that I don’t even know how to put it into words but I think everyone here knows what I mean.

My plan is to continue training, fly commercially one day and meet many many interesting, inspiring and fun people along the way.

I took this picture very recently during my first solo cross country flight. I had just landed at EDQC and wanted to take a 5 minute breather to escape the summer heat before returning home (I’m sadly not a summer person), so I taxied to my assigned parking spot and couldn’t believe my eyes. I had seen the castle during approach already but being able to simply relax in the calming wind while appreciating the beautiful view only added to the incredible experience. 10/10 would definitely recommend.

If anybody wants to reach out to connect, my instagram is @another.stargazer

flywithliv
    Participant
    GB
    Ah I’m jealous you got to experience watching them from the runway, that’s so cool! I am usually on the other side of the fence using Flightradar24 lol! Good luck studying for the rest of your exams 🙂
    life's short, live it! :)
    cin_ndy
    Participant

Bonjour,

Je m’appelle Cindy et je suis originaire de Montréal au Canada. Je suis titulaire de ma licence PPL(A) et en formation pour obtenir mon ATPL(A).

Voici ma photo lorsque j’ai reussi mon test pour l’obtention de ma licence PPL, j’étais trop fière!

J’ai toujours voulu être pilote d’avion, mais à l’époque, c’était pas trop facile pour une femme. Après 10 ans en finance, j’ai décidé de suivre mon rêve et de me lancer dans cette merveilleuse aventure!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by cin_ndy.
    luciefetter
    Participant
    CZ
    Hi Cindy, I’ve just accidentally clicked on “report”🙃 sorry, Lucie.
    E_w360
    Participant
    GB
    Hi I’m Esther! I’m currently studying for my PPL(A) at Old Buckingham airfield with the hopes of becoming a commercial pilot one day. I got into aviation when I was 8 and watched the red arrows display, ever since my head has been in the clouds! To help fund my lessons I also work in the airfields restaurant so if you’re ever flying in be sure to pop in and say hi!

My favourite picture is from this year’s Old Buckingham air show once everyone else had left. I love seeing all the display aircraft lined up in the sunset!

Claudia
    Participant
    Hallo
    Ich bin Claudia und bin gerade an meiner PPL(H) dran. Es war schon immer mein Traum Pilotin zu werde, aber ich hatte mich bis jetzt nie getraut diesen schritt zu machen. Ich bin froh habe ich es getan, weil es einfach unglaublich ist und ich es mit jedem Tag mehr liebe. Nach meiner PPL werde ich gleich weiter für die CPL arbeiten.

always happy landings

Claudia

SashaDuncan
    Participant
    Hello everyone. My name is Sasha, I am currently doing my PPL (A). I have been working in aviation as Cabin Crew for the last 8 years and love the industry.

Below is a picture from my first experience flight, this flight gave me the confidence and motivation to sign up and start my PPL.

jazzieb
    Participant
    Hello, my name is Jasmine. I was introduced into the aviation world a few years ago. Before this it was something I’d never dreamed I’d be able to do!

I’m now training for my PPL(A) in Yorkshire.

This is a photo I took of a Buker Jungman from a night photoshoot ealier in the year.

cameronksalmon
    Participant
    none
    Hello everyone!

My name is Cameron, Im sixteen and have just finished year 11 of secondary school in June which has allowed me to really take my love for aviation into action. Im currently doing my PPL(A) at Biggin Hill and it is the greatest thing to happen to me, I first got into aviation after me and my dad went through old photos of his travels and falling in love with not only the planes but the opportunities aviation could bring. Not only have I found what I want to do for the rest of my life but I have been able to connect closer to those I love through it.

When Im older Im aiming to join the Royal Air Force and hopefully be lucky enough to become a fast jet pilot, after being to RIAT, the heritage hanger at Biggin Hill, getting to see Spitfires take off and in the same patterns as me and being to many other airshows I know this is where I really want to explore in aviation. In addition I’m hoping to do a gliding trial lesson too!

Heres a photo from Monday whilst doing an A-check!

I look forward to getting to know all of you more 😀

JessG
    Participant

hey ladies

I’m Jess .. I’m a Mum to a 6 year old with a passion for dancing and on my way to completing my PPL with a view to doing my ATPL. I have truly found a love for flying and as well as wanting to become a pilot I’m also doing it to show my daughter that she can do it too as she dreams is becoming a pilot and an astronaut . I also hope to inspire other little girls who look like me that they can do it too because you can not be what you can not see! This is my favourite photo because it was the day I did my first landing.

hope to see you soon

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

Tagged: ,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.